Politically Incorrect News and Views
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Politically Incorrect News and Views

Your Conservative home for 2nd Amendment, Political and National Discussion

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Time & Date CST
html code for clock
Sight Supporters
free forum
Forum Theme Songs
Back to top Go down
http://texasconcealedhandguninstructor.com
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin

Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!!   Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!! EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 10:17 am

This second video is on another day and Gary, partner in crime #2, displays the M1 dressed up in the new gear to launch these inert grenades! In fact, the M1 with attachments and grenade mounted is almost if not as tall as he is!!! LMAO!!! He will really appreciate that comment! Anyway the last video is of the owner/operator taking control of the situation and showing how to shoot this monstrosity from the shoulder as a real grenade launcher in the field would normally do!!! Let's see what you think! Pay no attention to the video filming as the videos are being shot by the cohorts in crime and they both are retired Air Force!! What can you expect? Good help is getting harder and harder to find these days!!!! LMAO

Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!!   Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!! EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 10:23 am

Now I have to tell you that I have had more fun putting this thing together than I have had in a long time!! How many collectors/shooters do you know that can say "I have an M1 Garand and Grenade Launcher that is fully functional in my collection!"? At least one for sure now!!!! LMAO!!!!!
Back to top Go down
UncleFrank
Honored Armed Service Member
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!!   Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!! EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 5:51 pm

That was very good AO, I enjoyed that very much, and am very proud of ya. When you fired it, it didn't look like it kicked hard. Looks like a lot of fun, but and explosion would be paramount.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!!   Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!! EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 6:08 pm

Just think, I am 6'5" and 285! When it kicks, it takes one hell of a lot to move me!! LMAO! My shoulder is always a little sore from shooting it because of the weight of the darn grenade! That is a lot of weight it is pushing off the end of the barrel! I am curious to see how it kicks with a full load blank firing the grenade! It is one heck of a trip!! I have enjoyed messing with it more than any of the others I have fiddled with the last few months! Very enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
UncleFrank
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!!   Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!! EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 6:21 pm

Make sure you get the butt in your sweet spot on your shoulder, you looked like you had the stock a little high, a full load might crack your collar bone.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!!   Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!! EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 6:24 pm

It certainly is not for the weak of heart! It kicks like a mule. The guy in the first video, Frank, put the butt of the rifle on the ground to fire it! That may not be a bad idea when we get the full load blanks!!
Back to top Go down
UncleFrank
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!!   Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!! EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 6:44 pm

I would for the first one, remember to lean forward a little, or it may put you on your butt. As big as you are. Maybe not but lean into it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!!   Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!! EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 6:49 pm

It does kick harder than all three of my 30-06's. I have one that does not kick hard at all. The other two let you know when you shoot them and you will feel it the next day! This grenade launcher is the hardest kicking rifle I have shot so far. The problem I think is the amount of weight coming off the end of the barrel. It really is quite a bit of weight that gets shot off of it! I Will see if I can get an accurate weight before the weekend is over but I would guess it to be in the vicinity of four pounds or so!
Back to top Go down
UncleFrank
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!!   Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!! EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 4:05 am

Thats exactly what it is, with a bullet wieghing mere grams and a grenade weighing in the oz. there is a big differance in the gas dispacement. Makeing it harder to push the grenade out, it react by pushy the shooter back harder in order to expell the gases.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!!   Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!! EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:34 am

This thing is a blast to shoot! I can just imagine what some of the opposition troops felt as they saw those darn grenades being lobbed in on top of them. I am still reading and researching the different types of grenades that can be launched from this platform and it appears there are three differemt ones, the inert one that I am using now is the largest and the baseball and the old puneapple ! To launch the baseball or pineapple I have to have an attachment that fits the same piece on the rifle and manages to hold the other two types in place while being launched. I will be at the gun show at Market Hall in Dallas Thanksgiving weekend and I have a lead on a box (how many ?) of inert grenades for $5 each!!! Also know where the adapter is to lob the baseball and pineapple grenades. So, I should have the other pieces and parts along with the full load blanks by December 1st!!! Man this is getting exciting. I am thoroughly enjoying this little project!!! More updates as this thing comes together!
Back to top Go down
UncleFrank
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!!   Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!! EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 2:24 pm

Ok good luck hunting up supplies.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!!   Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!! EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 7:07 pm

Okay! The gun show was Saturday and yesterday at Market Hall in Dallas. I rented a table so I could hawk my gun classes and sell a few guns! Had some pretty strong interest in my gun classes and looks like my classes are almost full through January!!! Pretty good show!! I also sold five guns, som-in-law sold three of his he wanted to get rid of and a deputh I worked with on the street back in the 80's asked me to sell a deer rifle for him and it went very quickly!! All in all a pretty good weekend. Now with the bad news, I looked everywhere for the guy with the box of inert grenades and the attachment to launch baseball and pineapple grenades. He was pissed at the show chairman and because the rent on the tables went up $15 for the 2 days, he decided to stay at home and not show! I will have to hunt him in January! However, it was not a last cause as I found a Browning 10 gauge and it is beautiful!!! I will have to get some measurements and the model number to start a new thread about it. Darn thing is about 5 feet long!!! One hell of a duck gun!! Got a box of shells wtih it, a case and one screw in choke!!! Actually the vendor next to me had it and was complaining about that was all he ever got was stuff he could not sell! I have been watching for a 10 gauge for the last couple of years and when he said that, I knew he was not leaving the show with that gun!!! One of the best deals I ever made on a gun of any kind and it is just pretty sweet!!! Don't thiink I would want to go out and shoot two or three boxes of shells in it but it is one heck of a gun!! I will get pictures before the week is over and post them so you can see it but it is nice!!!
Back to top Go down
UncleFrank
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!!   Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!! EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 1:25 pm

Nice going big guy. I'm glad every thing worked out and that you are up beat. Nice Browning you got there. Have fun with that cannon. I have a Spanish side by side in 10 ga, and it to is about 5 feet long and weighs in at 17 1/2 lbs. Not a gun to be walking around with but is interesting to shoot. The weight keeps the recoil down considerable, but as you said you dont want to put 2 or 3 boxes through the tube. Good luck with it.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!!   Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!! EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 4:50 pm

Ain't living in the US great!!! I just stopped at the Wally World on the way home this evening and thought I would pick up a couple of things that I had been thinking about all day long!! I got two boxes of 410 shells, 4's and 6's, for my grandson's 410 that I am having built for him for Xmas! I thought what the heck and looked around for one of the granddaughter's something and found a Red Ryder BB Rifle and got it for her. Picked up two round containers of BB's for it while there. Went to the grocery section and got 6 bananas and a gallon of milk!!! What a great shopping trip and all in one place!!! I love Texas and living in the US!! Mostly TX!! OH, BTW, they did not have any 10 gauge shells in stock!!! LMAO!!
Back to top Go down
UncleFrank
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!!   Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!! EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 5:22 pm

Oh man, you got to rub it in. LMAO On Saturday and Sunday morning when I took the pups fpr a walk it was 28 and 26 degrees. This year I'm really starting to feel the cold.
Back to top Go down
VietVet68

PostSubject: Re: Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!!   Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!! EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 12:17 pm

AO--I don't know how I missed this thread until today but all I can say is WOW. It sounds like you've been having a whole lot of fun with your new toy and I'm glad for you.
I wonder if during daylight the enemy could track these babies coming straight at them, it could have looked like dodge ball. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!!   Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!! EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:40 am

This thing is amazing and one hell of a lot of fun!!! I can only imagine what the explosion would have been after the grenade actually went off at the end of the ride!!! Awesome piece of equipment and lots of fun getting to fire it!
More to come as the rest of the pieces are assembled and there will be one truly amazing video of the full power thing to come!
Back to top Go down
UncleFrank
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!!   Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!! EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 1:03 pm

I cant wait, wish I could see it performing in real time. LOL
Back to top Go down
VietVet68

PostSubject: Re: Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!!   Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!! EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:46 am

It reminds me of the old gladiator movies when the generals would line up about 1,000 archer's poised to fire their arrows at the enemy all at once on command, except with grenade launchers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!!   Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Grenade Launching from an M1 Garand!!!
Page 1 of 1